Friday, March 21, 2008

Remembering Natalie

MUST READ!!!! Be ready to CRY!!! Very powerful story!
http://rememberingnatalie.blogspot.com/

I found this blog from a friend and I should have NOT read it. I sat in my office and cried like a baby. All of the feelings of when Kasi was in the hospital (7 months pregnant) with Mason and her appendix had burst. I remember sitting with her and the doctor's (every OB in town) checking her out and not knowing what was wrong. We waited hours and hours before they took her in for surgery. Every doctor trying to diagnose her and Kasi masking the symptoms and the pain. She knew she was in trouble and so did I, but this was out of my hands. I felt so helpless and wanted this experience to go away. When the doctor's finally said we need to do an amniocentesis test and there is a large risk in doing so. Dr. Tug Miller telling me that I may lose my wife and baby if her appendix had ruptured and the poisoned fluid mixes with the baby's amniotic fluid. He explained what was going to happen and I had to sign a form stating the risk. I had no other choice but to have the procedure done. When I was reading this blog, all my feelings that I felt while she was in surgery came back. I was scared and couldn't do anything about it. I prayed like I have never prayed before. I had a good feeling inside, but still the unknowing. The Lord has a plan and he is in control. This story of Natalie is amazing. I don't even know her, but she is a powerful person. We knew Colby by going to Cafe Rio daily for Lunch and Dinner, but only heard stories about Natalie. I love my Kasi more than you know. She is an AMAZING wife, mother and friend. She makes life worth living.

8 comments:

  1. Kenny! Your post made me cry. I remember how scared we all were for you guys when that happened. I am so glad that everything turned out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I swear I just looked at your blog recently and there weren't any posts forever, now!! Kasi, I didn't realize we weren't that far away from each other in pregnancy, for some reason I thought you were almost done. You know what they say, misery loves company!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible! I went to high school with Natalie and she was such a great person. We should all be thankful for the life and health we have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That WAS a very scary time for you guys. Crazy what we can go through in our lives, isn't it? (That was very sweet what you wrote about Kasi... aawwwww.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice. now you go and post something sweet and heartfelt and meaningful and it makes it impossible for me to make a snide, sarcastic comment. i love to hear you talk about how much kasi means to you--she is the bomb!
    i remember seeing you guys in the hospital at 5:30 am when i went in to have abbey. crazy. thanks for saying all that--it takes a REAL man to put it out there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even make it to the Natalie page before the crying started. Kasi is a rock star and I'm glad she has a sweet hubby who appreciates how amazing she is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Millers...
    Hey! I just ran across you all from Mindi's blog! I'll keep stalking you... Take Care!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kenny!
    Thanks for the comment - kind of scary who you can find through other people's blogs!! I am impressed you are keeping this up. Cute pictures of your family... Seriously, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete